It’s been a whirlwind since our launch thanks to the warm reception in the dance and yoga communities. We thank you!
We’ve also have some exciting news!
We’ve been listening carefully to feedback, suggestions and “wish list” items from fellow dancers and yogis. What we learned is that dancers and yogis want a simple, easy, one stop destination to find classes, workshops, events and rental spaces. They want it searchable by location, schedule and cost. They want to know all the dance and yoga opportunities in their area so that when they have extra time, they can jump in and do more of what they love.
As we did our research (surveys, interviews, chats with pros), it also became obvious that they want the dance world to embrace the mobile-friendly, instant gratification, at-your-fingertips feel of today’s information age.
Here is what we learned from our research:
- They want the ability to squeeze in extra classes when it works for them
- They want to explore different genres and styles
- They can’t always commit to a series or season and drop-ins are often the only option
- They want to experiment and try a new class, teacher, studio before signing up for a longer program (or have this same option for their kids)
- They can’t or don’t want to commit to regular classes due to time, finances, family commitments, etc.
- They want to see up-to-date info, current schedules and modern websites
- They want a user-friendly, easy to navigate community that shows them all the local dance and yoga opportunities
- Sometimes they just want to shake things up a bit, try dance for fitness or just have fun with a new class (another reason for drop-ins)
From the studio/instructor side:
- They want to fill their classes
- They want to reach new students
- They want to increase the amount of first-timers turning to regular students
- They want to stay competitive in today’s market
- They want to market their studios to people actively looking for classes and workshops
- They want to leverage modern web tools (online booking, online payment, design, SEO, etc.) but don’t want to go through the trouble of overhauling their site
- They want to focus on running their business and not building apps and software
For all these reasons (and for the sheer love of dance – yes this is Jessica writing!) we’re excited to announce that studios and teachers can now list their classes, workshops and events directly on StudioGo along side their rental spaces.
Dancers and yogis can now search for what they need whether it be class/rehearsal space, classes, workshops or events. Now they can truly, find a studio and go.
As a new mom, I can relate to a lot of the feedback we received. Searching for a mommy and me class has been a bear. I’ve wished there was a one stop destination to find classes for my daughter and also for myself. Gone are the days when I took class every day (well, they are on pause to say the least) but I would love to jump in to a salsa footwork or ashtanga class when my schedule allows. The trouble is, I end up searching through all the different studios and spend the time searching that I could have spent practicing. I need this resource too! And with that, we’re excited to grow into “phase 2” where StudioGo will be a one-stop destination to find, book and promote local classes, workshops, events and rental spaces.
Let’s elevate awareness of all the fabulous dance opportunities in our cities. Dancers are searching for them – so let’s make it easier to find them!
Let us know what you think of the new service. We hope to see you on StudioGo – and then in the studio!
Jessica & Hussein