There are big changes to the StudioGo site as we work to be the one stop destination for local dance.
We initially started with an “AirB&B for dance studios (rental space) concept. It was evident that studios need help getting renters for their space during “off hours.”
As we worked on the studio rental concept we heard over and over from dancers (and yogis, pilates and fitness enthusiasts too!) that they wished for a one-stop-shop for all their local dance options, not just spaces. They wanted something that aggregates classes and cool workshops, local dance events and gave the ability to reserve and pay for class online. Sounded kinda like an OpenTable for dance to us. That got us thinking. How do people currently learn about really great teachers and studios? In San Diego, often it’s word of mouth and referrals. If StudioGo allowed for reviews, the ability to “claim your space” and anyone to post listings, it would be like a Yelp for dance! Things were starting to get interesting.
Fast forward a few sleepless nights, bottomless coffee cups and one Spotify playlist after the next playing in the background and we present to you a brand new StudioGo which we cleverly call StudioGo V2 :).
And there you have it – the backstory for StudioGo V2. It’s what I like to think of as Yelp! meets AirB&B meets OpenTable – all for dance.
Here is what you’ll see on the new site:
- A dancer-centric layout so people can easily locate the information they need from local dance studios and businesses.
- Four main sections: dance classes, dance teachers, dance events in addition to rental spaces (our original AirB&B for studios concept).
- Any user can add a listing and a review (think Yelp!) and the business owner can “claim the space” to update information including photos, social media, contact details, class prices,etc.
- By “claiming” a listing, the listing owners get free access to our partner portal where they can enable the ability to accept payments and bookings online directly from StudioGo.
- Most importantly, in the “ Online Booking” section, dancers can quickly find rental space, dance classes, and events to book and pay for online 24/7. Easy and convenient for dancers and allows 24/7 business hours for dance companies – just like OpenTable.
We need your dance insights and recommendations!
We’ve launched the platform and updated our current listings. Now we’re asking dancers, dance companies and dance businesses to jump in and help us list all the wonderful options in their city. Know of an awesome samba, cardio tap, or swing dance class? List it on StudioGo and leave a review. Any ballet teachers you absolutely love? List them on the site! How ‘bout an upcoming event that’s as much fun as the Salsa Bachata Kizomba festival this November? Make sure the rest of our dance community knows about it!
Dance is a sure fire shortcut to happiness and health. Help us get more people dancing, more often by listing the dance options in town that you love. The world will be better for it and San Diego will definitely be more fun. 🙂